At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), we embrace diversity in its broadest sense – making it an integral part of our business practice. This means providing opportunities for all employees to broaden their horizons, expand their interests and increase their capabilities. It means providing policies and programs to help you take care of things at work, at home, and in the community. And it means being – and encouraging our employees to be – caring members of our community.
We value each person’s diversity, unique background, experience, perspective, and talents. We recognize that the full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy, and respectful environment is essential to individual and organizational success. We work hard to ensure our workplaces are inclusive and accessible to all employees, enabling them to perform their jobs well and achieve their full potential.
Diversity at OPG extends well beyond welcoming members of designated employment equity groups, though it means that, too. As a result, you will find at OPG a wide variety of both corporate and employee-driven programs and initiatives that highlight our commitment to diversity:
- Corporate and Site Diversity Committees
- Native Circle
- Network for Employees with Disabilities
- Scholarships and Awards (including emPOWERed Women Mentoring Program)
- Special Events and Campaigns
We also encourage our staff’s participation in societies, organizations, and community groups that promote diversity, such as:
- North American Young Generation in Nuclear
- Women in Nuclear
- National Society of Black Engineers – Youth Legacy Program
- Learning Partnership, Passport to Prosperity – Words on Work (encouraging different careers among teenage girls)
- Skills Canada – Women in Trades
- The Mentoring Partnership – Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council
- Licensing International Engineers into the Profession (LIEP) Program