OPG has a fast-paced in-house legal department that can provide a varied and challenging paid Articling experience. OPG is the perfect choice for someone who is particularly interested in the energy field or for someone interested in experiencing an ‘in-house’ environment with ‘Bay Street’ quality work.
OPG’s Law Division consists of approximately 20 lawyers divided into two main practice areas:
More than half of our lawyers are devoted to various aspects of corporate and commercial law. Students can expect to be exposed to a wide range of activities within this practice area during their Articling work term.
This area can be divided into four main practice areas: Labour/Employment, Regulatory, Environmental, and Litigation.
Why Article At OPG?
- You are assigned a mentor.
- The salary is competitive with other large corporations with in-house legal departments.
- You perform a secondment at a major Toronto law firm while articling at OPG. This is organized by OPG.
- You are allowed to take on as much as you can handle, and some students have their own small files or even conduct their own hearings.
- OPG sees this as an opportunity to identify candidates for regular hire upon call to the Bar.
- You can connect with others through Law Division’s learning initiatives, social activities and charity events.
Typically, we hire two Articling students each year. Representatives from OPG’s Law Division usually attend many Ontario law schools’ Career Fairs. Check your law school’s Calendar of Events for a chance to meet them in person.
Please Note: Be sure to carefully review the Application Process for Articling students, as it differs from our other student Application Processes. More details can also be found on the lsuc.com website.
If you have specific questions about the program and/or how to apply, please contact our Articling Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about Articling at OPG.