Lakehead University Indigenous Award
Annual Awards: up to five
Up to five annual student awards, valued at $1,500 each, are available to be granted to student of Indigenous Ancestry (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit) at Lakehead University.
- The award would be granted to a student of Indigenous Ancestry (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) entering or enrolled full-time in a Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering or Forestry Program
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Provide proof of good academic standing (minimum B average)
- Involved in extra-curricular activities, including volunteer work
- Will not be receiving more than one other award of equal or greater value in his/her second year
- Have submitted a completed nominee information package which must include a brief 250-500 word overview of your qualifications/interest in the OPG Lakehead University Indigenous Award, along with other required attachments detailed below under process
- Is legally eligible to work in Canada upon graduation
- The award recipient is nominated through the University’s internal awards selection process/program
- Following nomination, the Awards Office provides written notification and a completed award nominee information package (up to a maximum of 5 nominees annually) to Ontario Power Generation. The Award applicants/nominees information package must include the following items:
- a letter of nomination/recommendation from the Student Awards Office
- 1 250-500 word overview prepared by the nominee highlighting their qualifications/interest in the OPG Lakehead University Indigenous Award
- a copy of nominees most recent official transcript
- a copy of nominees current resume (listing all work, volunteer and extra-curricular activities (full-time and part-time)
- Following acceptance of the nominee(s), Ontario Power Generation provides the Student Awards Office with a letter of congratulations to each award recipient along with the accompanying award cheque to be presented to the recipient(s) at the University’s awards ceremoney.
For an Electronic Copy of this Information
- Download the Lakehead University Indigenous Award PDF
- Use the ‘PRINT THIS PAGE’ button above
For any inquiries regarding this award or the Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Student Awards Program, please contact us by email at email@example.com.