OPG has armed and unarmed Nuclear Response Force and Nuclear Security Officer positions at our Pickering and Darlington Nuclear facilities. Each position offers challenging opportunities, great career mobility and a work culture where safety is a fundamental value.
Some experience is required to qualify for these positions, so please review the minimum qualifications for each, as follows:
- Nuclear Security Officer: This role calls for successful completion of a Police Foundations or Law and Security Administration diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You must also have worked in a similar role.
- Nuclear Response Force: In addition to holding, or being able to obtain, a valid Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL), you must have: current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates; a Police Foundations or Law and Security Administration diploma; and at least one year of experience in a civilian police force, military or comparable security environment (or three years of full-time, continuous experience in such an environment).
Job postings for Security Positions are posted all year round. Please visit our job board for all of our current opportunities, or create a profile and allow us to send you a reminder email you when we are actively recruiting.
Are You The Right Fit?
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people who:
- place safety as a priority;
- are team players;
- seek opportunities to grow and develop;
- want to put their energy to good use and make a valuable contribution in providing a vital Ontario resource;
- enjoy being challenged; and
- are self-motivated and enjoy working in a quality control-driven environment.
What To Expect
These positions involve carrying out Nuclear security operations and patrols on a rotating shift basis, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To be considered, you must also:
- hold a valid Ontario driver’s licence with full driving privileges;
- be eligible to work in Canada;
- be able to successfully pass fitness, psychological and medical testing; and
- be able to obtain our Level II Security Clearance.
The location of both our Pickering and Darlington Nuclear facilities gives you the choice to live in the suburbs, a small town, or country or cottage settings. In addition, Pickering is within an easy commute of Ontario’s largest urban centre.
In this highly regulated environment, your knowledge and experience will be vital. You will have tremendous opportunity for career growth and development with long-term career possibilities.
OPG’s Security Clearance is a crucial step in the hiring process – to aid in everyone’s safety. Our Security Clearance standards ensure that OPG complies with federal laws and our own policies. In particular, our Nuclear operations are governed by regulations set out and monitored by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC).
Learn more by downloading our Security Clearance Process PDF.